Advisory Board Chair for SSE Northwest
The School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) North West, part of the award winning Blackburne House Group, is seeking applications from suitably experienced people who may take up the role of Chair of the Advisory Board
In particular we are looking for someone who can bring the following:
• Insights, networks and connections into fields that would help to advance SSE and our students’ business interests.
• Business acumen and experience of start-ups, trade up and growing sustainable larger scale enterprises.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with the Blackburne House Board, SSE Central Board and the SSE North West Advisory Board.
• Evidence of impact in governance and / or advisory role.
Application forms are available on request from Carole Joel via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0151 708 3932 The application form and an accompanying letter outlining your experience and impact should be completed and returned to Carole Joel by 16th February 2018 Interviews will be held on 22nd February 2018
B O A R D M E M B E R R E C R U I T M E N T 2 0 1 7
A B O U T
The Blackburne House Group wishes to appoint 3 – 4 new members for Board.
Blackburne House is a successful and vibrant group of organisations that has grown
from a centre of education for women to being one of the UK’s leading and
pioneering social enterprises. Thousands of visitors, students and businesses
continue to use our services and the work we undertake enables individuals,
organisations and businesses to positively impact on the local economy.
S K I L L S
In particular we are looking for members who can bring some of the following skills &
Enterprise – start ups, risk and reward – social and other enterprises
Big projects and capital
Strategic organisation design, development and HR
Experience of/ability to connect easily with younger women
We wish to appoint people to serve as non-executive directors/trustees/governors
who bring a wide range of governance behaviours to complement our existing
board. In particular would like to prioritise the following as of distinctive interest:
- Influencing – able to bring strong networks and to influence key stakeholders
to help shape and advance the delivery of our strategy
- Working with others – able to work as part of a strong Non-executive and
Executive team at board meetings and in between meetings
- Exercising judgment and balancing risk – able to take in information and to
make decisions where great/imperfect/limited information is available
A P P L Y
Application forms are available on request from Carole Joel via email
email@example.com or by telephone on 0151 708 3932
The application form and an accompanying letter outlining your experience and
impact should be completed and returned to Carole Joel by Monday 20th November
Interviews will be held on the afternoon of Friday 8th December 2017.
Sessional Tutor Bank
We have great opportunities for Sessional Tutors in a variety of exciting subject areas. Interested? Send your application form to us and join our bank of sessional tutors.